2007 Mercedes-Benz C280 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Mercedes-Benz C280 4MATIC
- I heard that installing the insurance drivewise device can damage the elec sys
- What's a fair price to repair this? The dealership wants $614.00.
- What's a fair price for repair? The dealership wants $435.00
- Where is the car battery located on 2007 Mercedes Benz C280 4Matic?
- Engine fan runs almost continuously.
2007 Mercedes-Benz C280 4MATIC Problems
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) heater box is susceptible to mildew buildup. This can result in a musty odor from the HVAC system, most noticeable when the system is first turned on.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2007 Mercedes-Benz C280 4MATIC Questions
I have called the service dept at the dealership and they ask if I have recently purchased gas, and that the gas cap may be loose. Sometime this will make the light go off if I take off and put back on the cap. I relplaced the blue rubber seal on the gas cap but it still comes on sometimes and st...