2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- My gas needle is broken. How else can I tell ouch gas I have in vehicle
- where cold start valve is located
- check engine light on, sputtering on start up and white smoke
- I have a 2005 C240 and brakes lights and turn signal lights will not work.
- car is leaving a very noticeable large wet color leak spot on driveway
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
Reconnected. Since then, warning light has come on a few times. This has never happened prior to disconnection. What else could have been effected? Thank you
how to replace the cold start valve
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Certain passenger vehicles equipped with sport model steering wheels fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection"In certain tests conducted by NHTSA, using an unbelted female crash test dummy, conditions were found that occupants may not be properly protected during a crash, resulting in injuries. Dealers will install a new airbag module free of charge. The Mercedes recall # is 2006020005
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
46000 trouble free miles so far. Great ride and handling. Tranny is a little sluggish even in sport mode, but treat it firmly, and it will go. People like to complain, so take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. According to www.truedelta.com, the20 05 C class has been one of the most reliable years for Mercedes.
My friend has this car and swears he'll never buy a Mercedes again - the quality has gone way down in recent years. The car is often in the shop for repairs, the interior is 'chintzy' and it doesn't handle well. It's really an overpriced vehicle that will land you in the repair shop.
Peeling problems - the glove box cover peeled and now the side consoles are peeling. Very annoying. I've never used a single chemical on the vinyl...only water and a cloth for cleaning. True to the other comment below. The seats are very uncomfortable.