2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- How much engine oil does a gas 2003 C240 take ?
- car is getting harder to turn engine over
- my reduce oil light keeps coming on and I have the right amount of oil in the car, I even took out a quart and it still comes on.
- code p0705 is showing up on my 02 mercedes c240. what do i need to get?
- timing belt change?
2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
I drove it out and came back with it and after a while it refuse starting even with the ignition and engine rolling. It was later discover that the spark plugs does not supply current
I have a mercedes C-240 and it stalls out, I have had the ignition replaced, the key replaced and left it set for a few days once and it started. Nowit is stalled out again.
trying to crank my car, it will turn over but will not start
2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
Multitude of problems just keep on coming with no end in sight
I have 2003 mercedes c 240. i bought it used about six years ago and never had any problems out of it. just general maintence and crank sensor recently went out but overall its been a good car and i cant complain
Great car...only minor problems...a couple of gasket leaks over 90k miles and had to replace 2 catalytic converters. Over 90K, that's not bad. Great gas mileage.