2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- the interior fuse box caught fire. mercedes wants nothing to do with it .says the year of the car says it is not manufactures problem . I say you do not know if a fuse is going to blow or was wired wrong until a short occurs , 1 year or 20 years need help
- No start. Rolls forward and backward when in park.
- What diagnostic apparatus should I buy to diagnose my check engine light
- The ac switch off light won't go out if I push it.
- The ac off switch does not go out.
2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
61,874 miles....service A exceeded by 4400 miles...all electrical components are fine, when trying to start the vehicle it just clicks once? Check engine light comes on? Problem just began today. Vehicle worked all week with no issues.
2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
I am having problem with my heating It give smell that makes me sick I have to open the window to get fresh air. When I start the heating regulating on #3 it makes whisling sound. It is 2003 C240 Could you help. Rita from DC
Multitude of problems just keep on coming with no end in sight
I have 2003 mercedes c 240. i bought it used about six years ago and never had any problems out of it. just general maintence and crank sensor recently went out but overall its been a good car and i cant complain