2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- What is a fair estimate to replace a Brake Booster
- I had the A/C repaired just a little over a year ago and now I am having the same problem with it. Is that common?
- Transmission will not shift transmission display S/W will not indicate anything.
- Electronic ignition switch on car approximate cost to repair?
- Front left seat cannot tilt or move height. Can I fix this myself or not. How?
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
When my car running for an hour, it got stalled, won't start but after 30 mins cooling down, it start again & drivable for another 15 mins & stalled again. No problem when i start, when engine still cool.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
the odometer and speedometer doesn't work, abs,esb,bsa warning light came on. ould this be a the sam signal acquistion module problem
I love my car. I bought it used from a friend and plan to run it until it dies of really old age. It handles well, runs well. I am getting ready to have some needed maintenance done soon. It is a great car but, when I first got it I went to So Cal to see a friend, 15hours at 70+ mph and 1000 miles. The drivers seat is a little too stiff for me. I have a really bad back so I bought a seat cover ...
Iv. Had my 2002 c240 for 2years and absolutely love it.no problems I couldnt easily fix and the merc techs are super helpful .all in all. Love it and no regrets what so ever love it