2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- Whats the best windshield wiper for my '02 C240
- Mhy am I getting a rougher idle when the engine is cold? A recent development.
- My left side brake light wont work tried new bulbs/new light board nothing !
- Why would serpentine belt come off while driving?
- What does it mean when your car won't accelerate & ESP is written on screen?
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
Replaced the bulbs and ordered and replaced the whole brake unit board still nothing got two tickets from the police and they tell me to fix it. Dont know where the problem it is my rear left brake light everything works on the pad or unit the one u put the bulbs in but just cant figure out the b...
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
the odometer and speedometer doesn't work, abs,esb,bsa warning light came on. ould this be a the sam signal acquistion module problem
Iv. Had my 2002 c240 for 2years and absolutely love it.no problems I couldnt easily fix and the merc techs are super helpful .all in all. Love it and no regrets what so ever love it
I love my car. I bought it used from a friend and plan to run it until it dies of really old age. It handles well, runs well. I am getting ready to have some needed maintenance done soon. It is a great car but, when I first got it I went to So Cal to see a friend, 15hours at 70+ mph and 1000 miles. The drivers seat is a little too stiff for me. I have a really bad back so I bought a seat cover ...