2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- Front left seat cannot tilt or move height. Can I fix this myself or not. How?
- Where is the radiator temp sensor?
- What possible causes that my car won't accelerate more than 4000 rpm?
- What could be wrong with my car after a car accident? The engine light came on.
- Car will go faster 20 mph in weather 32 or below.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
When my car running for an hour, it got stalled, won't start but after 30 mins cooling down, it start again & drivable for another 15 mins & stalled again. No problem when i start, when engine still cool.
My insurance company didn't check why it was on and now says if it was related to the accident they will cover it. Could there be a problem that isn't covered by codes on my car? Or do the codes tell you everything that is wrong to your car. It was a front end collision that required a ...
My car will go faster than 20 mph we have had snow and ice freezing weather for the last two day. It did not crank right away but eventually it did. Its seem as through it struggling and never goes to the next gear. There are no faults light indicated. It is not in the winter mode.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
I love my car. I bought it used from a friend and plan to run it until it dies of really old age. It handles well, runs well. I am getting ready to have some needed maintenance done soon. It is a great car but, when I first got it I went to So Cal to see a friend, 15hours at 70+ mph and 1000 miles. The drivers seat is a little too stiff for me. I have a really bad back so I bought a seat cover ...
Iv. Had my 2002 c240 for 2years and absolutely love it.no problems I couldnt easily fix and the merc techs are super helpful .all in all. Love it and no regrets what so ever love it
the odometer and speedometer doesn't work, abs,esb,bsa warning light came on. ould this be a the sam signal acquistion module problem