2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- Abs light is on esp, bas. I changed the brake light switch already, not fixed.
- the electrical parts like the head light and wiper stops, engine still runing
- my car worn start,The engine is not turning over,I tightened the terminal wires,
- Why would my car start stalling?
- I'm getting a reading of a right rear tail light on. I have a 2005 C240 Mercedes
2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
It's fine when you start it and when you driving. It's when I come to a stop at a little I have to place it on neutral and give it gas so it doesn't die on me or some time when I press on the gas it doesn't do anything when it's on drive.
When I put the key in the ignition it wont turn or engage. It acts as if it doesn't recognize it. This is causing the hold up on putting the car on the computer to read where my problems are. My new battery is not holding a charge. Something seems to running and draining it too. Another alt...
The first drive of the day even when the weather is warm the car stalls as soon as it's put into gear. The rev counter drops and the engine cuts out. When you eventually drive off and travel 20 yards and stop the car does not stall, why does this happen?
2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
when i switch on air con my car cant take of immediately you can accelerate but it wont move until about 3-5 seconds which is dangerous especially on busy roads.what could be the problem ?email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have had this car for 5 months but the noise from the front wheels, the stereo not original, ESP & ABS problems and brake lining finished so fast. Please help. Email email@example.com
2001 C240 I bought this car with 80,000 miles on it. It had been meticulously maintained by the original owner. Tons of electrical problems and noises after driving it about 5000 more miles. For example, Radio is on but there is no sound. If I open the passenger door the sound comes on. Battery drains overnight. Had to unplug the electric seat modules and airbag to keep the battery from drai...