2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- P0715 (input Turbine/speed sensor malfunction)
- If i accidently put 1 quart of non synthetic oil in my vehicle, whats the worst
- While driving C240,gauges die,radio shuts off. Sound from engine
- What is the cost to change both fuel pumps in the Mercedes c240 with labor?
- When I star my car, I cannot accelerate
2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Questions
Gauges ,rpm,speed, gas all go dead. The radio turns off. The cat still drives. But there is a sound from engine like a fan picking up speed. I have to pull over put car in park
park, turn ignition off and pull out the key. I will put the key back in turn ignition and start the car. It starts jus...
I need new fuel pumps for my c240 Mercedes year 2001. The dealer wants close to $1700 and according to my research this is very high. Can someone please estimate the cost of parts for changing both fuel pumps and the other parts that may be needed. And how much for labor? I was told that they are...
My vehicle is not moving, it starts well, but the accelerator pedal is not accelerating the car. I do not know where is the problem coming from; 2 mechanic checked, but were not able to find the problem
2001 Mercedes-Benz C240 Reviews
when i switch on air con my car cant take of immediately you can accelerate but it wont move until about 3-5 seconds which is dangerous especially on busy roads.what could be the problem ?email email@example.com
2001 C240 I bought this car with 80,000 miles on it. It had been meticulously maintained by the original owner. Tons of electrical problems and noises after driving it about 5000 more miles. For example, Radio is on but there is no sound. If I open the passenger door the sound comes on. Battery drains overnight. Had to unplug the electric seat modules and airbag to keep the battery from drai...
Great car ! Love the ride and the style. Only problem we have had is the front motor mounts and the interior door handles. Has 135k miles and hope to drive it another 135k.