2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- why has my auto trans stopped shifting- Mercedes Benz says it is a problem
- Do the rear seats fold forward? (to make for lager trunk space)?
- radio turns on but no sound
- there has been oil leakage into the water tank? and how do you fix the timing?
- My car makes a throbbing sound like a heart beat when you turn on the ignition.
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. A new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Questions
leak of ATF / control module
It makes the sound for 59 times just like the seat belt indicator and does it in unision with the seat belt beeps. If you turn on the heater it gets louder.
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Reviews
Have over 45K miles and have not expeirienced any major problems. I've managed to greatly reduce my maintanance expences (one half) by utilizing a local repair shop that specializes in Mercedes only but does not charge the dealer prices.
C240 very smooth sexy car, handle is awesome, nice smooth engine my top mph= 140mph :) i like driving fast, however the breaks wear kinda quickly i have 70k miles and my door pannel motor broke on my passenger side dont really know how, but other than that snow is awesome with 4 matic benz is the best
I will write the following in capital letters to really drive the point home. DON'T EVER BUY A MERCEDES BENZ! DON'T EVER BUY A CAR FROM KEELER MOTORS, LOCATED IN LATHAN, NY! I bought a 2005 MB c240 4matic with 41k on it. Keeler MB sold it to me with a bent rim, a bad transmission seal, and they never changed the oil. The car has been a nightmare! I contacted MB USA and they did not even ...