2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Check Engine Light on Due to Failed Catalytic Converter
- Do the rear seats fold forward? (to make for lager trunk space)?
- radio turns on but no sound
- there has been oil leakage into the water tank? and how do you fix the timing?
- My car makes a throbbing sound like a heart beat when you turn on the ignition.
- DTC code P0174. What are the likely causes based on the following symptoms?
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. A new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Questions
It makes the sound for 59 times just like the seat belt indicator and does it in unision with the seat belt beeps. If you turn on the heater it gets louder.
The car has problems starting, specially when warm. Sometimes idle level too low, this gets worse the longer the car runs. Sometimes pressing the gas pedal does not obtain an immediate response, pressing the gas pedal slowly seems to solve the problem. I have checked the vacuum seal on the exhau...
2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Reviews
Have over 45K miles and have not expeirienced any major problems. I've managed to greatly reduce my maintanance expences (one half) by utilizing a local repair shop that specializes in Mercedes only but does not charge the dealer prices.
I will write the following in capital letters to really drive the point home. DON'T EVER BUY A MERCEDES BENZ! DON'T EVER BUY A CAR FROM KEELER MOTORS, LOCATED IN LATHAN, NY! I bought a 2005 MB c240 4matic with 41k on it. Keeler MB sold it to me with a bent rim, a bad transmission seal, and they never changed the oil. The car has been a nightmare! I contacted MB USA and they did not even ...
As I aged, I've dreamed of buying a car that would last and grow old with me. That's why I first purchased a Mercedes C240 in 2003. Within 18 months it had twenty-eight, yes 28 repairs, ranging from fuel gauge malfunctions to a myriad of other annoying problems; reluctantly, the service center was my second home. I traded it in, not because of the astonishing number of horrific breakdowns and r...