2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Check Engine Light on Due to Failed Catalytic Converter
- Turn signal switch will not cancel after completing a turn
- it is the transmission or is a electric problem?
- the cost to replace a rear differential on a 05 c240 4matic
- I've checked everywhere online and can't find a replacement cup holder. help
- i have a 2004 mercedes c240. when i am parked on a hill facing up or down my car
2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. A new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Questions
I recently changed my daughter's combination switch and now it will not cancel automatically after completing a turn. I found a small brass ring on the floor before installing the new combination switch. I could not see where it could have came from. Need technical help. Thanks
noise in the rear of the vehicle when turning or backing up and sometimes while driving