2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Check Engine Light on Due to Failed Catalytic Converter
2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. A new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Questions
after driving my car for a couple of errands that took about an hour I backed my MB into parking spot and shifted to park shut off car and removed foot from brake. as soon as I took foot off pedal car rolled. tried to start and now wont start any ideas first time happening