2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Camshaft Adjuster Solenoid Failure
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- How many control arms does this model use on the rear?
- HELP!!!! Key won't turn in ignition!!!!
- The trip odometer and mileage on my car goes up as if the car is moving by itself while the car is in park. very seldom is doesn't do it. seems as if nobody else has had this problem. I really would like to know how to fix this or where to start.
- My car blows a very intense burning rubber/plastic smell through the vents.
- Engine light came on code said o2 so had fixed light still on runs worse then better then rough again .sometimes the engine light flashes a few times then stays on
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
How many control arms does a c230 2006 mercedes use in the rear ?
I checked for leaks on the ground and there weren't any. The smell gets so intense that I have to turn my heat off completely and open car windows to rid the smell. Upon my visual inspection under the hood,I noted some liquid on what appears to be the exhaust intake? What could be the cause/p...
Could it be spark plugs or another sensor
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Certain passenger vehicles equipped with sport model steering wheels fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection"In certain tests conducted by NHTSA, using an unbelted female crash test dummy, conditions were found that occupants may not be properly protected during a crash, resulting in injuries. Dealers will install a new airbag module free of charge. The Mercedes recall # is 2006020005
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
I have the C230 with the sport package 7 speed automatic transmission with a v6 24 valve. I previously owned a 1994 Corvette. What a contrast. I find the C230 a sweet running car with sports car handling. Brakes stop on a dime and the mileage is 26 to 30 mpg. Talk about quiet, the stereo is fantastic and at low volume, I could hear any note. Very smooth ride with some road feel. All the o...
2006 C230 Sport.
I've had my car for about a year now and I love it. Unfortunatly my front head light went out to many times to count for some reason when I first got it. It was inexpensive to replace but inconvenient to keep driving to the dealer. Overall I'm happy with the vehicle its a smooth drive. Currently my check engine light is on need to find out if its just a gas cap loose problem or not Service B ...