2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Oil Leak Into Wiring Harness From Camshaft Solenoid Switch
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Something is draining the battery, if I let it sit for longer than 2 days
- Front seat won't move; stuck in farthest back position
- Wont start turns over but hesitates.. this text limits being specific.Recommend
- my 2003 benz turns over will not start
- Power steering is gone. Mechanic replaced pump - not the problem - ideas?
2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
Oil can leak into the engine wiring harness from the camshaft sensor. If the leaky sensor is not repaired, the oil can migrate through the wires and possibly damage the engine control unit. Have the sensor and harness checked regularly.
2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
I have to drive with a pillow behind me
The battery and alternator checked and ok... it has power but wont turnover all the way... I had the coolant low light on a few days ago and I added proper coolant. It seemed a bit rough running. My instict is ignition switch or starter cylenoid. Could it be a sensor regulating fuel? I just made ...
turns over but will not start battery good all lights on but car will not start
2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
The right and left front blinkers have both gone out, been replaced and now the right front blinker is not working!!! Other than that I LOVE THIS CAR. It feels like a little tank compared to the Toyota I used to own. The Dealership will way too expensive so I use a private mechanic. So far, the only problem I've encountered is the blinkers. I did replace the battery at 46,000 miles.
I am buying a 2003 c230 at a local dealer for 7000.00, they are having the valves done and the guy said it would run 1800 and split the cost with me or he would just wholesale it. It is in great shape otherwise. The compression runs 160-160-160-100, with cyl # 1 being the issue.....is this common at 100k mi?
I bought my c230 after driving a sporty Acura RSX type-S for a couple of years. The comfort was the first thing that I noticed. The seats are accommodating and the electronic seat adjustment for both driver and passenger is a great addition. The ride is smooth for such a sporty car, and the transmission shifts with little hesitation. Smooth is what I have to say about the driving experience. If...