Explore Your 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for the 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Oil Leak Into Wiring Harness From Camshaft Solenoid Switch
- Douglas County Auto Care Inc (470) 315-7434 | 3.04mi
- D.W. Campbell Goodyear (470) 297-6243 | 18.27mi
- RPM Auto Specialists (678) 335-1196 | 22.27mi
- D.W. Campbell Goodyear (470) 235-4940 | 21.75mi
- D.W. Campbell Goodyear (470) 235-4890 | 23.41mi
- Advantage Auto Services (470) 297-6125 | 18.31mi
- BP Car Care Center and Quick Lube (770) 212-9816 | 24.24mi
- D.W. Campbell Goodyear (470) 297-6226 | 19.96mi
- DW Campbell Tire and Service Center (404) 445-1206 | 19.59mi
- KAMS Auto Service Center (470) 798-3636 | 22.52mi
2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
Replaced one way check valve solenoid check hoses no change po410 cameback
I had the head gasket changed, as well as the thermostat. There has been no definitive test as to why I am losing coolant. The dealer had my car for a week, and they tell me "it must be a cracked head. We can't really determine for sure until we open up the head". I don't unde...
the reset last 3 monts
2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
I regret purchasing this car every time I get in it! While it's still a great drive, everything else about it seriously disappoints. My car has been constantly plagued with electrical problems, and all sorts of little things constantly breaking. I can't wait 'till it's either totalled, or I can get rid of the stupid thing
great drive but lord the electrical stuff is worthy of a suzuki.mercedes should really address this issue.