2000 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2000 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
2000 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
I have a 2000 mb c230 Kompressor sport and don't know why my armed horn doesn't go off? and if my dash warning indicators lights work, like coolant level, oil level, etc? How do I find out what this model was equipted with?
the wiper does not move at all but can hear the motor.
2000 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
Body, exterior is very poor because of major rust on the doors and throughout the exterior.
I have owned my 2000 C230Kompressor since new and generally have been pleased with its performance. It has seen mostly highway driving and been to Florida from Canada 4 times. Only problems have been to replace head gasket (covered by warranty near end), replace air mixture module (emissions) and recently a transmission fluid leak. Current mileage 185,000km or 111,000miles.