1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Camshaft Adjuster Solenoid Failure
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- A red light comes on when I put on brake in the dash board
- my battery is dead,need to open trunk?? (only have electronic key)
- I changed my old battery. The windows and key was working now it stopped.
- Does an 99 C230 kompressor have an EGR?
- Do u repair a transmission for a Mercedes Benz 600 1966 model year ?
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
don't have key to door locks.
Does my car have an egr?
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
Simply amazing. Bought it eleven years old with less than sixty thousand and drives just beautifully.
Bought my 99 230 Kompressor 3 years ago, and am happy with it overall. Only one major problem since I have owned it involving the alternator, but after a replacement all was well. All the other problems I have had have been superficial and cosmetic: Headliner is coming down, and the buttons inside can come off..accidentally sucked the trunk release up a vacuum! Hard to find replacement buttons!...
I bought my 1999 C 230 Kompressor in 2002 and it had ~ 23,000 miles. It has been very reliable but it just recently had first mechanical breakage. Had to replace the wiper motor and linkage at 130,000 miles. Bought aftermarket parts and had them installed by a very qualified mechanic. Dealer wanted $1100 and I ended up spending $ 380. Works great now. The car gets around 25 mpg in town and ~ 3...