1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Camshaft Adjuster Solenoid Failure
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Do u repair a transmission for a Mercedes Benz 600 1966 model year ?
- What is the cause of my trunk being stuck shut.
- While hitting the gas pedal the yellow light flashes just above the odometer
- What does the yellow code vd mean the yellow lights flashes on the code vd
- Need to replace the spark plugs, and what parts do you take off to get to the sp
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
Diagnostic Codes are P0135, P0141, P0443, P0446, P 01335, P01236, P01420. P01525
When it is cold outside
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
Simply amazing. Bought it eleven years old with less than sixty thousand and drives just beautifully.
I bought my 1999 C 230 Kompressor in 2002 and it had ~ 23,000 miles. It has been very reliable but it just recently had first mechanical breakage. Had to replace the wiper motor and linkage at 130,000 miles. Bought aftermarket parts and had them installed by a very qualified mechanic. Dealer wanted $1100 and I ended up spending $ 380. Works great now. The car gets around 25 mpg in town and ~ 3...
Bought this car new in 99 and have had no serious problems (other than the dealer rip-offs). Have had to replace battery and motor mounts. Car runs great, gives me good gas mileage, solid little sedan!