1998 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- I don't have any heat in the floor of the vehicle.
- ac does not blow out from middle compartments only on top of dashboard and sides
- anyone know where the fuel pump is located? & how to change it & maybe where to
- where is the mass air flow sensor and how do you clean it?
- how do you reset the service wrench on 1998 mercedes benz c230 its at 1200.
1998 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
1998 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
replace it a Mechanic Maybe
engine running rough with check engine light on is it safe to continue to drive it?
its at 1200 right now would like to no more about it and how to fix it thanks.
1998 Mercedes-Benz C230 Recalls
1998 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
I am enjoying this car as second owner. First owner drove 180000 miles than I took over few years ago. It has more than 260000 miles now but surprisingly it doesn't burn oil at all in between oil changes. I keep every 5000 miles use synthetic oil. I changed transmission fluid at 200000. Water Pump at 224000. Very recently Speedometer stock so I bought used one cost $ 80.00 so it shows only 1150...
My 1998 Mercedes Benz C230 is extremely reliable car.I bought it in Nov 1997 brand new with 4 miles on it,after 16 years it has 84,800 miles on it and still reliable no breakdown,easy to start,my battery lasted for 10 years,change my 4 tires 3 times and follow car maintenance every 10,000 miles,no other repair.I love it".
Bought this classic two weeks ago. Everything works great! Good body, good interior, with 166k miles. Two full service agreements (oil change etc), and 6 month warranty. Looking forward to this ride for several years. Where can I get an owner's manual. Wanting to learn how to operate everything!