1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- how do i replace key cylinder when key will not turn
- Abs light is on . What does that mean. The car is running fine.
- How to remove a ignition switch lock cylinder to replace in this model car.
- Hard shift cluck 2rd gear sometimes. Shift gear valve assembly fault. 140K miles
- AC does not work on high speed but works on slow speed. Why?
1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
A vibration felt through the center floor of the vehicle can be caused by cracked and/or shredded driveshaft flex discs, resulting in excessive driveshaft movement. If not repaired, damage to the driveshaft center support bearing, transmission, or differential can occur.
1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
just bought car. And has no owner manuel, cant figure out why the abs light is on. Anyone know? HELP :)
Dealer: rough shift only on 3 to 2 downshift. Found transmission fluid dark. "performed short test, found stored code for selector lever is implausible, communication with engine module, and reverse/park lock solenoid fault" t understand this. Normally would recommend a valve body, but ...
The car has trouble accelerating and does not select gear,the lights are deam.
1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
I am new to Mercedez and the 1997 C230 I now own was inherited. It has 100k miles on it. It has been garage kept for most of its life and as such looks almost brand new. So my review is based on driving a 13 year old car for the first time and admiring it as it is rather than complaining about how expensive the dealership repairs are (obviously people, should that be a surprise to you?). First ...
I've had this car for 7yrs and it has 166K miles and it is the best car I've ever owned. It does have costly repairs but I dont have a car payment so it can be justified. It still rides real nice and looks good, never mind great gas mileage.
like any othe car,,,,,u have to take care of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!