1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz C230
- Oil Leak Into Wiring Harness From Camshaft Solenoid Switch
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light On
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- same problem, stalls at red lights. replaced the 02 sencor, it may be egr?
- how do i replace key cylinder when key will not turn
- Abs light is on . What does that mean. The car is running fine.
- How to remove a ignition switch lock cylinder to replace in this model car.
- Hard shift cluck 2rd gear sometimes. Shift gear valve assembly fault. 140K miles
1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Problems
Oil can leak into the engine wiring harness from the camshaft sensor. If the leaky sensor is not repaired, the oil can migrate through the wires and possibly damage the engine control unit. Have the sensor and harness checked regularly.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
just bought car. And has no owner manuel, cant figure out why the abs light is on. Anyone know? HELP :)
Dealer: rough shift only on 3 to 2 downshift. Found transmission fluid dark. "performed short test, found stored code for selector lever is implausible, communication with engine module, and reverse/park lock solenoid fault" t understand this. Normally would recommend a valve body, but ...
1997 Mercedes-Benz C230 Reviews
like any othe car,,,,,u have to take care of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've dreamed of having a Mercedes like this since riding in them used as Taxi's in Germany when I was in the military. I bought this car for my wife to drive three years ago with about 110k on it and she liked it until she drove a BMW my son owns. Well, she got her BMW and I have used this car as my in town car ever since. I love this car. It turns on a dime, gets great gas mileage,and has had...
I am new to Mercedez and the 1997 C230 I now own was inherited. It has 100k miles on it. It has been garage kept for most of its life and as such looks almost brand new. So my review is based on driving a 13 year old car for the first time and admiring it as it is rather than complaining about how expensive the dealership repairs are (obviously people, should that be a surprise to you?). First ...