1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SL
- Internal leaks in load leveling suspension in rear may cause rough ride
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Rough running motor/lack of power due to distributor cap and rotor
- Tandem Hydraulic Pumps May Leak From Either Section
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SL Problems
The lower control arm bushings can wear and crack, resulting excessive movement at the control arm pivot point, leading to irregular and premature tire wear. Worn Ball joints can also cause similar tire wear symptoms. I some cases it may be necessary to replace the lower control arm, including bushings & ball joint to correct this concern.
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by the distributor cap and rotor.
1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SL Questions
After test drive dash gages quit, coolant temp still registers, all other guages quit working, Speedometer, Tach, fuel gage, voltmeter all failed at the same time. This is a Japanese SL600 sport coupe. We have not been able to locate the OVP relay? Pulled the cluster, W1 ground looks good for al...
2000 SL600 REPLACED CATALYTIC CONVERTERS 14000 MILES AGO under warranty. Have gone bad again! $2500.00 repair. Need an alternative!!!!! Their must be a better way! Any advice?
1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SL Reviews
Great performance on the engine side however, suspension i.e. hyd system and flat ride on failure in addition to cost to repair leave room for improvement. Known wiring harness problems can be a nightmare if left unchecked. Mercedes should step up to the plate and issue recall for effected models but refuses that's a shame. The car is a gem when at a 100% and is a timeless work of art . Down si...