1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Bad Dampening Actuators Can Cause Rough Ride in Rear
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Problems
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
Vehicles with automatic level control that ride harshly in the rear (no give in the suspension) may have one or both dampening actuators which have failed. It is commonly recommended the actuators be replaced in pairs.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Questions
I need the location of the Resistor or Relay switch for the blower.
I have a 1993 600SEL with 55,250 original miles. The other day after driving about 100 miles round trip, while driving for some time at approx. 35 MPH the engine lost power.
I could 'floor it' and yet the engine barely had any power and very slowly crept up on RPM and then at 4,000 RPM...
1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Reviews
Very unique car but buyer beware- it's an expensive car to maintain. If you're on a budget and not looking to have a close relationship with your friendly mechanic, this is not the car for you. Major problems include evaporator ( $3,000.00 +) and wiring harness issues ( $5,000.00+). Every 600 made before '95 will have to have the wiring harness replaced since Mercedes used a biodegradable coat...