1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Bad Dampening Actuators Can Cause Rough Ride in Rear
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Problems
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
Vehicles with automatic level control that ride harshly in the rear (no give in the suspension) may have one or both dampening actuators which have failed. It is commonly recommended the actuators be replaced in pairs.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Questions
after leaving my car in the garage for one year, now the heating and air conditioning display will not come on(dead) and there is no way to control ac/heat althaugh if I drive it I will get hot air from vents but not regulated by the fan that I can not control due to no active display .
Just want to replace the fuel filter and don't know where it is.
1-2 minutes after starting the AC, the air from the center air vent gradually stops blowing and redirects to the windshield vent. This happens when I first start the engine. What can cause the fopper to close? is is vacuum hose leak or is air solenoid probelm???
1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Reviews
took battery out of the boot for replacment. Cannot open the boot again, Kindly help me with info...
Never had a aproblem
my battery keep dying, i have replaced 2 new batterys and they die every 2 days