1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Throttle Valves May Experience Electrical Failure
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
if i let the car sit the battery will drain in 4-5 days-i tried hooking up a meter to the battery in series pulling 1 fuse at a time didnt see anything that would cause the draw bad ground?
to fix. car starts beautifully. rev's are low when at stop light. sometimes car cuts out not often. changed base control unit, and accelerator throttle, and air sensor as codes read but no luck. what happening?
also wanted to know if car should of been recalled?
Engine is in good condition and has 100,000miles