1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Throttle Valves May Experience Electrical Failure
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
mysteriously on & off , all different time frames ,,, also when car is on ' then was stopping for weeks , now seems to be constant !!! i changed the headlight switch thinking it had to do with european funcions to the left of dial switch , but to no avail , i am stumpped aswell as alot of...
but is very hard to turn. There is on hole in tumbler to stick a wire to release it.
I just got this 500SL. I bought it with the check engine light on. I have access to an OBD 1 computer but don't know where to find the connection. I also will need a list of the trouble codes.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Recalls
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Reviews
Seriously awesome car. One of the last real Mercedes before the cost cutting accountants and Crysler took over. Feels like its made out of a piece of stone, the quality is awesome and it's seriously quick. I've had Bentleys, Porsches and tuned Sierra Cosworths and this is as good as any of them. The only problem is that it is a total money pit. Parts are really expensive and it's a very com...
As our family (kids and grandkids) walked out of the local pizza restaurant, we passed a red 500 SL. My husband and I have been shopping to replace a 96 mini van with 280,000 miles on it, and have looked and tried about every car out there. Go for gas mileage? comfort? But imagine his surprise when we gave him a set of keys and told him it was his! He is in heaven, and I will drive that min...
Bought this car from Mercedes dealership in Omaha about a year ago and love it. Certified mileage 27,400 and the vehicle is in mint condition inside and out. The sticker price of $99,750 in 1992 came as a shock and is the reason why this baby performs and looks like a world class sports car. The only problem that I have is the fact that this 500SL spends most of its time in my garage, which i...