1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- cost to fix an idle control valve when car is in N it idles at 1500 rpms
- 1991 mercedes 500sl battery drains when snow change switch comes on
- Have a 91 500sl has symptoms of crank position sensor failure .
- My Gauges are not working Fuel, Oil, Speedometer, tachometer and odometer also
- I have aproblem restarting my 91 sl500
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
it will start and run fine till gets to operating temp then stalls and is hard to start till it cools off . I replaced the crank position sensor and still have the problem . Is there something else I have missed ? Possibly the cam sensor
the Vacuum Gauge that tells miles per gallon.. all just stopped at one time could it be a fuse ? Only the temperature Gauge is working.
Hard top and everything else works well and in sync have checked
hydraulic fluid in bootwell any suggestions please,thanks
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Recalls
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Reviews
I have been a Mercedes Benz Owner since The Early 196'0 And I can not Fault The Quality of The Mercedes, This is the first Mercedes SL 500 Convertable, that I now own, amongst 2 other Mercs which I currently own, I Find The SL 500 lots of fun to Drive, and highly recommend the Vehicle to any-one who belives in SAFE PRESTIGE MOTORING. It is a Great Car/Roadster.it Performs when you require it to...
I just had a major problem my car just started blowing blue-white smoke only when I give it gas to take off took it to the shop my mechanic is pretty much like the engine is gone val seal but all my transmission fluid gone out of car also but I check all my fluids two days ago all was fine then yesterday it started smoking no los of power need some kind of help I think mechanic is trying to get...