1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Throttle Valves May Experience Electrical Failure
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
Hard top and everything else works well and in sync have checked
hydraulic fluid in bootwell any suggestions please,thanks
The key won't turn anymore so the car is dead in the water. I want to take it out and give it to a locksmith.
It's as if either the rear brakes or the transmission is being restrained somehow. It only happens when I take off fast.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Recalls
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Reviews
I have been a Mercedes Benz Owner since The Early 196'0 And I can not Fault The Quality of The Mercedes, This is the first Mercedes SL 500 Convertable, that I now own, amongst 2 other Mercs which I currently own, I Find The SL 500 lots of fun to Drive, and highly recommend the Vehicle to any-one who belives in SAFE PRESTIGE MOTORING. It is a Great Car/Roadster.it Performs when you require it to...
I just had a major problem my car just started blowing blue-white smoke only when I give it gas to take off took it to the shop my mechanic is pretty much like the engine is gone val seal but all my transmission fluid gone out of car also but I check all my fluids two days ago all was fine then yesterday it started smoking no los of power need some kind of help I think mechanic is trying to get...