1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Throttle Valves May Experience Electrical Failure
- the switch light shut off convertible is not working and i cannot shut top
- 1990 500 SL. WHEN ACCELERATING flattens sputters pos 2 or more cyl dead
- Owned car 5 years, started it today and a beeping tone started going off in
- How do I replace the air pump on my 1990 500 SL
- Can I use power steering fluid in the Adaptive Damping System- container empty?
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
mercedes 500 sl how do you stop the hazzard light for the convertible bar
it just started and the light switch does not work for the automatic top
the interior. I had never experienced an audio "Trouble" alarm. Checked the oil did a visual check of the engine compartment, restarted car and the beeping continued. Turned off car to research the issue. Any ideas? It was not the security alarm.
Can anyone tell me where I can find a repair manual for my car that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?