1990 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Stuck Idle Air Compensator May Cause Too High/Too Low RPM
- Replace timing chains/guides every 100,000 miles
- Rubber boot connecting throttle body to intake manifolds may crack
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- What is a cost estimate to repair major vacuum leak on a 1988 420 SEL
- I have a gasoline engine. With in a minute or two after I start my car it would just die It will start back up.Just does it some times. Started about 8 months ago. It's getting worse more often and getting harder to start make up. what could be causing it
- The alarm of my mercedes benz 420SEL goes of at random times.
- where is the air intake charge temperature sensor located at? thank you
- how can i repair the abs because the dash light as soon as the car run blink
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
It is not uncommon for the idle air compensator to get stuck in one position, resulting in the engine idle speed (rpm) being too high or too low. Replacement of the failed compensator may be necessary to correct this concern.timing chain and timing chain guides wear; they should be replaced every 100,000 miles.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Questions
The economy needle has gone from black all the way to red.
as soon as the car run the abs ligth in the dash goes on. in reverse the car don't do that
1986 Mercedes 420SEL. Have slight vibration coming from rear end.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Reviews
what other automobile would you even consider that has 150k miles and still cost $5k or better..and get a consistent thumbs up!