1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
- Hard/Soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- I've changed the tranmission filter and fluid and car still won't move
- how do I replace the blower motor
- What is the cost to replace a head gasket becaus antifreeze is leaking out of it
- whAT WOULD BE THE CHEAPEST AND FASTEST ROUTE TO TAKE WHEN FIXING MY CAR
- AC WORKING ONLY WHEN KEYSWITCH IS POSITION 2, WHEN CAR IS STARTED NO AC
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Questions
I saw the leak when I was getting my oil changed and the technician confirmed it.
I HAVE A 1992 MERCEDES BENZ 300SL THATS been sitting for about 7months now and i still have yet to drive it. i purchased this vehicle from a private owner and the first thing i wanted to do was the common oil change and radiator flush, after these services were performed the vehicle was started a...
THE AC SYSTEM IS FULLY CHARGED HEAD PRESSURE IS FINE, CHECKED THE AC CLUTCH BY MANUALLY TRIGERRING CAN HEAR IT PUUL IN, THE AC CLIMATE SYSTEM SEEMS TO BE FINE IN POSITION 2 WITH KEYSWITCH, BUT WHEN KEY IS TURNED TO START AC STOPS AN DOESN'T WORK .....