1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
- Hard/Soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- my radio factory equipped no longer plays in radio mode only static
- I've changed the tranmission filter and fluid and car still won't move
- how do I replace the blower motor
- What is the cost to replace a head gasket becaus antifreeze is leaking out of it
- whAT WOULD BE THE CHEAPEST AND FASTEST ROUTE TO TAKE WHEN FIXING MY CAR
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Questions
seems to not get antenna anymore ..any ideas
I saw the leak when I was getting my oil changed and the technician confirmed it.
I HAVE A 1992 MERCEDES BENZ 300SL THATS been sitting for about 7months now and i still have yet to drive it. i purchased this vehicle from a private owner and the first thing i wanted to do was the common oil change and radiator flush, after these services were performed the vehicle was started a...