1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
- Hard/Soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- 1991 300 sl has spark ignition fuel compression is in time cranks but wont start
- How do I change the check engine light
- My highbeams work when lever is pulled towards you but not when pushed down?
- where is the fuse box located for the power windows?
- Where does the power steering fluid go and where is the power steering pump at
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Questions
was running great parked for a week would not start. replaced distributor cap and rotor, cam and crank position sensors. ecm and ezl checked all fuses has correct fuel pressure showed code for oxygen sensor which was also replaced along with ignition switch. mechanic has gave up on vehicle
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Reviews
my 1991 300 sl was experiencing symptoms of running fine when cold, and breaking up and stalling when engine got warm. changed crank sensor, no fix, still getting stuck on many occasions. car wold only start when it cooled off. thought it had to do with some kind of temperature sensor..changed fuel filter, and the problem went away. driven hundreds of miles trouble free now..car often sits for ...
My 1991 SL mercedes is a beautiful car. When it sits for a long period, once driven, it cuts off. The car will start after sitting a couple of hours. Restart car and drives fine.
Most reliable, affordable (used car) I have ever owned. And i have had many! Maintenance is cheaper than my mini van, if you go to the right place. I go to Collie Autoworks in San Rafael Ca. Darren and Denise are the ABSOLUTE BEST. I LOVE this CAR !!!