1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Interior Wood Trim Cracks Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Failure of EHA valve may cause fuel/engine problems
- Car drives ok in the summer months,but in the cold months its very had to start
- Lost all keys and remote and can't get in my locked car to disconnect my battery
- is there a need to clean the throttle body actuator and how?
- is there a drain plug on the gas tank? if not how do i drain the tank?
- 1991 300e what microprocessor controls the idle air control valve?
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by a failed distributor cap or rotor, ignition wires (or their resistors), or valve cover gasket leaks. If the valve cover gasket leaks, oil can pool where the ignition wire resistor connects to the spark plug. The resistor can fail and the spark plug may not fire because of a short circuit through the oil.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E Questions
the car has sat for five years
I replaced the idle air control valve because when the car is warmed up and I come to a full stop at idle with the car in drive, the idle drops too low, below 500 rpms. A mechanic cleaned the electrical plug which plugs into a component that is also connected to the idle control valve and it wor...
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews
Great car - family owned it forever. Few problems that were not mileage-appropriate.