1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Interior Wood Trim Cracks Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Check Belt Tensioner When Replacing Water Pump
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
Due to wear of the internal drive gear, the speedometer can stop working.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E Questions
failed smog test; failed obd system checks-because light doesn't come with key, hc=282/max allowed=56 @25mph, co=1.62/max allowed=.39@25mph. already replaced the oxygen sensor and catalytic converter prior to the test. cars hard to start cold, once started runs a little rough for the first m...
Does anyone know what these codes mean? Help Please!
it was running good then it quit
1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews
Having problems with it starting in the morning when it is cold...
Car is very dependable when it's running. Strong engine at 170K miles, but I do find that it has a problem with the air conditioner sometimes blowing and sometimes not. It happens quite frequently. I also have noticed that it leaks transmission fluid if it sits for more than a week or so. Those are the two problems that I have encountered with this vehicle at this juncture. I love the way ...
I own a Mercedes Benz 300e that I bought for my wife for $1700. At that point it had 249,000 miles on it. Before we owned it, it had been sitting for some years and had a acceleration delay issue. Once we got it back on the road I added fuel injector cleaner and drove it hard on the highway. Now the issue only appears before its fully warmed up to operating temperature. She did not want it bac...