1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Interior Wood Trim Cracks Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Check Belt Tensioner When Replacing Water Pump
- Car almost starts son tacar almost starts on a quarter tank of gas and cleaner
- I put in a new key switch in an when u turn the key everything comes on but whe
- Slow acceleration, no power, If I step down on pedal it bogs down. Out of gear w
- DOES THIS STOP THE TORQ POWER OR INTERFERE WITH STARTING YOUR CAR
- abs light on
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by a failed distributor cap or rotor, ignition wires (or their resistors), or valve cover gasket leaks. If the valve cover gasket leaks, oil can pool where the ignition wire resistor connects to the spark plug. The resistor can fail and the spark plug may not fire because of a short circuit through the oil.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Questions
Ran out of gas and battery died added fuel/cleaner new battery
light on dash stays on for abs
my ignition is stuck and will not turn
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews
My dad gave me the keys to his 1991 300E, in 2008. He's retired now, and I think he got tired of maintaining it. I've spent several thousands to keep it on the road. I don't regret a dime I've spent. The exterior and interior condition is in great condition. It has a slight oil leak, which I've decided to leave it alone. My trusty German motor mechanic fixed the problem twice in the last 2 year...