1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Interior Wood Trim Cracks Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Check Belt Tensioner When Replacing Water Pump
- car is slow to start go up hill very slow does not go pass 60
- ac not working
- I put in a new key switch in an when u turn the key everything comes on but whe
- Slow acceleration, no power, If I step down on pedal it bogs down. Out of gear w
- DOES THIS STOP THE TORQ POWER OR INTERFERE WITH STARTING YOUR CAR
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
Due to wear of the internal drive gear, the speedometer can stop working.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Questions
light on dash stays on for abs
my ignition is stuck and will not turn
I experienced short circuit on the elec fan wiring near the ABS unit while driving, and burnt some of the ABS cables. Noticed the problem when trying to make a breaking, and felt the braek failed to function just like losing break fluid. Need to know if maybe the ABS unit still can normally funti...
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews
My dad gave me the keys to his 1991 300E, in 2008. He's retired now, and I think he got tired of maintaining it. I've spent several thousands to keep it on the road. I don't regret a dime I've spent. The exterior and interior condition is in great condition. It has a slight oil leak, which I've decided to leave it alone. My trusty German motor mechanic fixed the problem twice in the last 2 year...