1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Interior Wood Trim Cracks Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Check Belt Tensioner When Replacing Water Pump
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by a failed distributor cap or rotor, ignition wires (or their resistors), or valve cover gasket leaks. If the valve cover gasket leaks, oil can pool where the ignition wire resistor connects to the spark plug. The resistor can fail and the spark plug may not fire because of a short circuit through the oil.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Questions
When I select Drive, the transmission take about 7 seconds to kick in to gear. have checked all fluid levels. all is fine. Could this be an electrical problem?
When the ac is on or sitting at idle the temp goes up. I start driving and the temp goes down. Earlier the Oil gauge just started going crazy then stopped working. Using oil but not leaking....crazy stuff but always gets me to work and back. I had the valve cover gaskets replaced last year but ...
Now its sometimes wont start in N I read that it possibly is a sensor on transmission where would that sensor be located?
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews
Everything is great except when taking off at a dead stop, it tends to feel like it's not gonna make it then, wham, she takes off barks 2nd gear and goes. And that is with a striaght 6 cyl
I have this Mercedes-Benz 1990 3000E all of sudden out of no were, the car was on park went to put in reverse the park car would not move! Had no signs of tranny problems at all! No leaks at all! car runs awesome until this! mileage is 168000! What could this be?
power seats will not work if doors are closed but work when any door is opened------any ideas to problem thanks