1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E 4MATIC
- Anyone know where to get a 91 4matic unit rebuilt? I am in Maine
- Ignition froze be4. Can't get replacement out for 2nd replacement.
- Why is my transmission fluid reservoir not able to hold or maintain any fluid?
- does anyone know what my temperature gage is suppose to rage around
- how to drain transmission fluid for a 1991 300e 4matic Mercedes Benz
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E 4MATIC Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E 4MATIC Questions
After filling with trans fluid, I start engine, begin to drive and notice a great deal of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipes. After 10 minutes of the burning smoke, I turn the engine off and measure the transmission dipstick. It measures empty. This problem has been happening with regularity. ...
Gage temperature suppose to be before it starts overheatin
I cannot seem to figure out the path to re-intall belt.