1992 Mercedes-Benz 190E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 190E
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Refrigerant Leaks From Manifold Hoses May Cause AC Performance Problems
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
1992 Mercedes-Benz 190E Problems
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 190E Questions
Person who did smog test told me to put guaranteed to pass liquid but still didn't pass. Said something about cadillac converter
whines when driving and three of the electric windows don't work
1992 Mercedes 190E 4 cylinder