1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E
- what is the recommended gear oil for my car?
- Cold start Then runs rough till warm
- where is the cam and crank timing align mark on the 190e 1991model 2.3engine
- what are possible causes for automatic transmission shifting hard fluid is fine
- the bolt holding the vibration damper is it a left or right hand thread?
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Problems
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Questions
seems worse when cold
Bought car a few months ago. Ran o.k. and passsed inspection....has 162,000 miles. Noticed a small coolant leak that was dripping from the drivers side corner of the radiator. It was apparrent the source was in another location after experiening a much larger leak in the area under the waterpump....
Car is not starting, may be the timing belt but need a diagram to locate it.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Reviews
My car starts but will not stay started. Today I was trying to start it and the master cylinder backfired. Please advise Thanks, Tommu Lee