1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E
- Why dose the transmission shift hard from first to second or not have reverse
- what is the recommended gear oil for my car?
- Cold start Then runs rough till warm
- where is the cam and crank timing align mark on the 190e 1991model 2.3engine
- what are possible causes for automatic transmission shifting hard fluid is fine
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Problems
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Questions
When I shift from first to second it makes a clucking sound and sometimes when I am on the freeway sometimes I loose power also when I try to shift into reverse it just free revs
Changed the plugs and wires due to skip this fixed it but VERY hard too start cold. This problem happens all the time
seems worse when cold
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E Reviews
My car starts but will not stay started. Today I was trying to start it and the master cylinder backfired. Please advise Thanks, Tommu Lee