2009 Mazda Tribute Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Mazda Tribute
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Mazda Tribute Problems
The DPFE (differential pressure feedback EGR) sensor tends to fail. The DPFE sensor monitors function of the EGR valve by measuring pressure changes in the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Symptoms of a failing DPFE sensor are hesitation or stumbling when driving along with illumination of the Check Engine Light.
If the engine is misfiring, it may be caused by a damaged wire(s) which connect the fuel injectors to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The damaged wire(s) can be repaired or the emission wire harness replaced. A misfire can result in a loss of engine performance and illumination of the Check Engine Light.
If the engine stalls after a cold start (the vehicle has been parked for a while), the idle air control (IAC) valve may be sticking. It may be fouled with carbon buildup. If cleaning the valve does not solve the problem, replacement will be needed.
2009 Mazda Tribute Questions
Further, I have a gas cap indicator light that has been on for a week or so. What is that? Are the two related?
2009 Mazda Tribute Reviews
have had a 2005,a 2008, and this 2009 tribute cannot say anything bad about any of them . the 2008 i had for 6 months and had 11000 miles on it and it was totalled by a collision on both ends , replaced it with the 2009 only problem i have had before the check engine lite came on , was that the seat covers are wearing out too fast.