1997 Mazda MX-6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mazda MX-6
- Hi I have a mazda mx6 the car starts and idle but doesnt rev up it fails total
- When driven for a while it overheats and the water runs out by the overflow
- How do I test the Air con electrical system for malfunction
- air bag light remains on after engine started is there an easy remody fo
- i was wondering if my engine would still work after 5 years of not starting it.
1997 Mazda MX-6 Problems
If the engine cranks but will not start, it may be due a failed distributor. In the diagnosis, it may be discovered that the Electronic Engine Control (EEC) Unit is the cause if ignition spark is restored after disconnecting the Spark Output (SPOUT) Connector.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
1997 Mazda MX-6 Questions
When I start the engine it starts nicely but wont rev up totaly
The gas pressure has been tested and is ok. The electrical side or circuitry is the one that is not working