1994 Mazda MX-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mazda MX-3
- My mazda starts ok when cold but stalls out every time I stop.
- I broke my key and it can't be duplicated. What do I have to do to get a key?
- Mazda MX-3 Recall 97V116000: can I still receive this coverage in 2012?
- 1994 MAZDA MX-3 GS 1.8L V6 5-Speed Please Help Me Fix Him Up
- Replacement cost for coil springs in front of car, replacement of brake hoses
1994 Mazda MX-3 Problems
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
Vehicles with a V6 engine may develop an engine misfire under load (acceleration). This can be caused by a valve cover gasket leaking oil into a spark plug well, shorting the spark plug to the cylinder head. To repair this concern, the valve cover needs to be resealed and the spark plugs and wires should be replaced.
1994 Mazda MX-3 Questions
The car will not start again until it cools down. It happens every time
Or what do I need to do or buy to get it to run and have a key again?
I never received the Mazda MX-3 Recall 97V116000 issued in 1997. I bought my car off-lease in 1996. Will Mazda still cover this recall in 2012?