1993 Mazda MX-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mazda MX-3
- Can someone copy my keys or do they have to go to dealership
- So my car is clicking in the top end but only at rpm below 1600 but completely
- I press the clutch.it make a squeeling sound,rpms drop and then dies
- 93 MX3 1.8 V6 it's popping out of fifth gear and the shifter is very sloppy.Fix?
- How may a non-mechanic replace oxygen sensors on a Mazda MX/3?
1993 Mazda MX-3 Problems
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
Vehicles with a V6 engine may develop an engine misfire under load (acceleration). This can be caused by a valve cover gasket leaking oil into a spark plug well, shorting the spark plug to the cylinder head. To repair this concern, the valve cover needs to be resealed and the spark plugs and wires should be replaced.
1993 Mazda MX-3 Questions
My 1993 MX-3 failed the low idle hydrocarbons test at the DMV. Can anyone help me with this problem?
(I am unemployed and cannot afford the $800 estimate that a garage gave me to replace the spark plugs and the oxygen sensors. I was told they needed to be replaced due to oil leakage.)