2006 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mazda MPV
- What's involved in changing the plugs & wires?
- Cranks but won't start. It was running fine and all of a sudden won't start.
- why does the cooling fans stopped working.
- The van is making the (loud) alarm sound as if a keyless entry was trying to locate the car and lock the doors every 10-20 seconds, even though there is no keyless entry (it may be installed but nothing came with the van when I purchased it)
- my transmission didnt worked after a long drive from maryland to kansas
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Mazda MPV Problems
Defective or worn out ignition coils can cause engine misfires and Check Engine Light illumination. If the problem is severe enough engine performance will suffer and the Check Engine light will flash on and off.
The cooling fan module can fail causing the fan to either run constantly, or not operate at all. If the fan runs continuously, the engine may not warm up properly, and if the fan does not run, the engine may overheat. Mazda has a voluntary recall on model years 2002-2003 to address this concern. Please click here to find a Mazda dealer near you.
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
2006 Mazda MPV Questions
I've checked all the fuses. Charged the battery completely. Replaced the Camshaft sensor, Crankshaft sensor, 6 Spark Plugs, and 6 ignition coils. It has about a 1/2 tank of gas. It did show a code for crankshaft sensor but I cleared it out after replacing the sensor. But still won't start...
driving from maryland to Utah on 70. in kansas my car started to loose speed, then when i stopped it started driving the car was shaken so I parked it but then the transmission didn't respond. now im here in kansas waiting for anybody to look at it.
2006 Mazda MPV Reviews
The brakes ware out to fast.it not roomy and with the sir on the back doesnt get cool off