2005 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mazda MPV
- dash board gauges are going up and down and miles board keeps going off and on
- How to start MPV Mazda 2005 during extreme cold weather below -20?
- Why the engine stall every 10 to 20 miles. The starts again when it cools down.
- Why does my van die while driving it and it will restart as soon as i stop?
- fan relay sensor
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Mazda MPV Problems
Defective or worn out ignition coils can cause engine misfires and Check Engine Light illumination. If the problem is severe enough engine performance will suffer and the Check Engine light will flash on and off.
The cooling fan module can fail causing the fan to either run constantly, or not operate at all. If the fan runs continuously, the engine may not warm up properly, and if the fan does not run, the engine may overheat. Mazda has a voluntary recall on model years 2002-2003 to address this concern. Please click here to find a Mazda dealer near you.
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
2005 Mazda MPV Questions
when driving my van the gauges on the dash board and the miles electrical board keeps going off and on the gauges on the dash board keeps swinging up and down the van starts and drives fine.
When starting, I only heard a little crank & then it's gone... dead. I did this maybe 10x.. nothing happens. This happens only today... but before when it's a little bit cold I experience a hard staring but went ok. Until now. Is there any heating device to be attached to the engine?...
The starts well but after 10 to 20 miles it stall with no spark at all after 10 to 20 minute and than starts again.
What could be the problem?. Or what sensor could be causing the problem?
2005 Mazda MPV Reviews
Over all I really like the car, I needed a van, that could fit in our drive way. Plus I always have at least 3 or 4 children with us. the problems I have had with this car, the brakes never seemed right and we purchased the car new from Tasca. The electrical system has has some problems, two radios have been replaced and wire to the spark plugs have burned out. The dealer has been right on to...
I bought this van in 05. Only replaced Tires, brakes and all the coils. The van is perfect and I dont know why they don't make them anymore. Being in the military I have lived in SC, PA, NC, MD and a lot of trips to NY. The only negative remark is that this van is not good in the snow at all. I have been waiting to see if they make a new one so I can trade this one in for the new one. If ...