2002 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda MPV
- Misfire and Check Engine Light Due to Failed Ignition Coil
- Cranks but Won't Start, Was Running OK
- Failed Cooling Fan Module May Cause Fan to Run Constantly or Not At All
- PCV Valve May Crack and Create Vacuum Leak/Lean Fuel Mixture
- Updated EVAP parts and PCM software upgrade for check engine light issues
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Mazda MPV Problems
Defective or worn out ignition coils can cause engine misfires and Check Engine Light illumination. If the problem is severe enough engine performance will suffer and the Check Engine light will flash on and off.
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
The cooling fan module can fail causing the fan to either run constantly, or not operate at all. If the fan runs continuously, the engine may not warm up properly, and if the fan does not run, the engine may overheat. Mazda has a voluntary recall on model years 2002-2003 to address this concern. Please click here to find a Mazda dealer near you.
2002 Mazda MPV Questions
it looks like it but will it make the car prone to over heating. it had and air block to begin with so I have not had rear heat any way.
The o/d off light began flashing and shifting into 2nd caused the van to lurch forward, like being hit from behind. I pulled over then drove 2 miles home. The next morning, I drove the 10 miles to the dealership. I told the service consultant about the service bulletin. The light did not come on ...
2002 Mazda MPV Recalls
The heat generated by a fog light bulb can cause the socket holder to be pushed rearward in the light casing. This, in combination with the normal vibration during vehicle operation, can cause the bulb holder to separate from the light casing. Should this occur, the bulb socket and harness can drop inside the bumper and possibly result in the bumper being burned by the hot bulb. Dealers will install a spring to prevent the socket holder from separating from the lamp case. The Mazda recall number is 1103F.
2002 Mazda MPV Reviews
somebody can help me? on my mpv-2002, the electronic system to open the side-back doors SOME TIMES WORKS AND SOME TIMES NOT, please if you know why, may you let me know?? thanks
THE ONLY minivan in the market that drives like a car. You may see this repeated all over the internet, and you have to drive one to believe it. I was against having minivan for years because I don't like to drive a boat, and was seriously gonna put more money up front to get a large SUV. But Mazda did some magic and from 2002 on, the V6 just makes this minivan drives and handles like a car....