2001 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mazda MPV
- Misfire and Check Engine Light Due to Failed Ignition Coil
- Failed Cooling Fan Module May Cause Fan to Run Constantly or Not At All
- Ticking Noise From Valve Lash Adjusters Due to Infrequent Oil Changes
- PCV Valve May Crack and Create Vacuum Leak/Lean Fuel Mixture
- Updated EVAP parts and PCM software upgrade for check engine light issues
- Signal light would stay on if I brake then would if let off. Now none work
- Do I need to replace the UNIT, AIR BAG SENSOR if air bags where deployed?
- ck engine light then brake failure
- My Mazda MPV is making the whooping noise from the air cleaner.
- My oil light now stay's on @ op temp. up to 1500 RPM'S. Do I need oil pump?
2001 Mazda MPV Problems
Defective or worn out ignition coils can cause engine misfires and Check Engine Light illumination. If the problem is severe enough engine performance will suffer and the Check Engine light will flash on and off.
The cooling fan module can fail causing the fan to either run constantly, or not operate at all. If the fan runs continuously, the engine may not warm up properly, and if the fan does not run, the engine may overheat. Mazda has a voluntary recall on model years 2002-2003 to address this concern. Please click here to find a Mazda dealer near you.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
2001 Mazda MPV Questions
My airbags were deployed due to an MINOR accident which I still don't understand why both driver and passenger airbags. It wasn't a head on accident. Nevertheless,I replaced the airbags expecting everything to be fine, but the airbag readiness on the instrument panel keeps flashing. Do I ...
This started w/just a flicker of oil light at idle then it would stay on till 900, now it stay's thru 1600. No knocking so far. I had the oil pan removed and cleaned the oil pump suction screen
Either from revving or normal driving, anything that makes the RPMs drop fast creates a series of quick but loud whooping noises out of the air cleaner. When manually revving from the throttle body i could recreate it and the whole air cleaner assembly vibrated. Changing the air cleaner and assur...
2001 Mazda MPV Recalls
The layout of the brake lines on non-ABS equipped vehicles is improper, which may cause extended stopping distances and insufficient brake operation. Dealers will modify the brake lines to comply.
2001 Mazda MPV Reviews
Its a small powerfull and fast mini van.And i like the engine sound while you drive. But i had a serious issue with rear heat coolant line.Its got rusted and had bad leak,went to deler $1200 for parts, to make the story short, i went to homedepot and baught half inch cooper tubing made my own cooling line. the hadest part to take air out from new pipe but i did it,My hood above battery having b...
good car for trips with the famly