1997 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mazda MPV
- How long can I drive my Mazda Mpv with a bad water pump?
- WONT START CRANKED ONCE NOW NOTHING I HAVE ALL LIGHTS ON DASH AND RAIDO
- engine compartment passenger sidethere'sa10amp fuse St sig .it has no power.?
- sputtering / running very rough not believed to be electrical related
- My 96 Mazda mpv 3.0 v6 is got a missfire code 0305
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1997 Mazda MPV Problems
Defective or worn out ignition coils can cause engine misfires and Check Engine Light illumination. If the problem is severe enough engine performance will suffer and the Check Engine light will flash on and off.
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
1997 Mazda MPV Questions
no power to this fuse.in book it said it's the egi-cu. What is t h at.
I just done the timing on my 96 Mazda mpv van 3.0 v6 it had a missfire on the number 6 cylinder and I took the destributor out and now it got missfire on the number 5 cylinder and the Engin light is flashing to I got crack on the inside under the rotor its on the cover would that make it missfire