1995 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mazda MPV
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1995 Mazda MPV Problems
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
If a rumbling noise is heard from the engine, along with a possible loss in power, it may be caused by a collapsed hydraulic timing belt tensioner creating excessive cam backlash. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump at the same time, if they have not been recently replaced.
1995 Mazda MPV Questions
The relay box and fuse box for 1995 Mazda MPV has no specific label for cooling fan relay. I can't find it! Thanks.
The fan works because it starts as soon as I turned on the A/C. But will not kicked in during high temp. Sensor or relay problem?
i have a milky residue in my oil so i know its a head gasket.however the mechanic told me that i might have to have the head inspected and remachined just wondering how much roughly. thanks
1995 Mazda MPV Reviews
After we replaced the catalytic converter, the engine was working very nicely. We do have challenges with a fluttering type of noise, but this is a great older car and relatively reliable. It takes a bit to get it started, so we may be purchasing a replacement for the starter next.