1994 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mazda MPV
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Mazda MPV Problems
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
If a rumbling noise is heard from the engine, along with a possible loss in power, it may be caused by a collapsed hydraulic timing belt tensioner creating excessive cam backlash. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump at the same time, if they have not been recently replaced.
1994 Mazda MPV Questions
it has been almost 4yrs.,spark plugs,spark cables,distributor cap rotor have been replaced 3 times.
1994 mpv van cranks but dont start. where is the coil located in van when placing the coil can I only change the coil or the wires to.
1995 Mazda MPV - Driver's side door lock is malfunctioning. Door will not unlock with key nor through the inside. I tried lifting the inside lock button and it will not lift all the way. I took the panel off but everything looks okay nothing seems off nor stuck. Any advice so that I can unloc...
1994 Mazda MPV Reviews
ran great for five years 235,000 miles it blew a head gasket. we replaced gasket ,distributer coil relays, fuses, module, it steill cranks but no fire its a 4 wheel drive. if anyone knows anything about this please feel free to enlighten us we have three more like it that need brought back to life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!