1993 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mazda MPV
- Is there a computerized component under the floorboard center of the van?
- My fuel gauge & my temperature gauge on my 1993 MPV Mazda, 6 cyl, 3.0 faulty
- I, have a 1993 mazda mpv with a 2.6 engine the car starts but won't stay running
- Confused about an oil leak. Any one have any ideas. I ve replace a few parts.
- Why is my van using too much gas and why do I smell gas inside the van?
1993 Mazda MPV Problems
Defective or worn out ignition coils can cause engine misfires and Check Engine Light illumination. If the problem is severe enough engine performance will suffer and the Check Engine light will flash on and off.
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
1993 Mazda MPV Questions
I spilled water onto the center section of the van's floorboard. A mechanic informed me that the water had damaged the computer located under the floorboard. Ha said the computer apparently had been "Fried" and would have to be replaced. The van starts ok but when I accelerate to ab...
would a bad coil let the car start but shut off right away?
The CRUISE MAIN light comes on but it will not lock into set coast. Also the hold light does not work.