1992 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mazda MPV
- my car is not starting up seems like my transmision get jammed and wont let it start
- key wont turn in ignition what could problem be anything i can do about it?two we
- Where is the SLAVE CYLINDER located? In the engine compartment OR underneath?
- Battery Terminals
- Transmission does not shift to 2nd grear, moves forward on R position
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Mazda MPV Problems
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
If a rumbling noise is heard from the engine, along with a possible loss in power, it may be caused by a collapsed hydraulic timing belt tensioner creating excessive cam backlash. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump at the same time, if they have not been recently replaced.
1992 Mazda MPV Questions
one minute it will start next time i try it i cant get it to start. moving the gear shift might let it start but not all the time help!!
two weeks ago parked at home twice
We had a new cluth installed. After they were done we were told that the slave cylinder was leaking? My understanding is that 1991 models & older are underneath but 1992 & newer are in the engine compartment on the firewall.