1991 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mazda MPV
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1991 Mazda MPV Problems
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
If a rumbling noise is heard from the engine, along with a possible loss in power, it may be caused by a collapsed hydraulic timing belt tensioner creating excessive cam backlash. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump at the same time, if they have not been recently replaced.
1991 Mazda MPV Questions
This happens every time I drive it . When car sits awhile, it will crank again.
i have a mazda mpv van 1991 and we had to replace the altornator after it was replaced it would die on me from time to time until it wouldn't start so we had a mechanic check it out he said it was the distributor after that was replaced it still didn't work an he couldn't tell us if ...
When Starting Cold Engine it Misfires ( Rough Fast Idle )for about a Minute then is fime and Runs Great. Restart is great up to about 2 hours . I installed New Distributer with Igniter,Set Timing,new Spark Plugs,New Wires, New Fuel Filter. Fuel Pump is original,20 years old..
This is driving me ...