1990 Mazda MPV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mazda MPV
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Mazda MPV Problems
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position sensor (CMP). Our technicians recommend replacement of the complete distributor assembly if these conditions occur.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
If a rumbling noise is heard from the engine, along with a possible loss in power, it may be caused by a collapsed hydraulic timing belt tensioner creating excessive cam backlash. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump at the same time, if they have not been recently replaced.
1990 Mazda MPV Questions
I have a 1990 Mazda mpv v6 3.0L RWD with 220,000 miles on it, whenever I start the car it makes a loud screeching sound, it sounds like its metal on metal. It only will make the sound in park and neutral though. When I shift into gear everything sounds normal. Does anyone have any suggestions as ...
But, no fuel is getting to the fuel injectors. Fuel injectors test ok, as well. Computer checks good Distributer has been changed, New coil, new ignition wires, New ignition switch.
I am wanting to know how & where I can purchase the Hydraulic Valve Lash Adjusters & a Hydraulic Timing Belt Tensioner for my MPV. I have been hearing a ticking noise from the top part of my engine & I was told that I needed to replace the hydraulic valve lash adjusters but Im having ...