2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda Miata MX-5
- When accelerating between 30 and 40 the whole car starts vibrating really bad. If I let of the gas it stops. Sometimes when it is put in drive or reverse there is a clanking noise but most of the time it's really smooth.
- What causes bad vibration when accelerating to 30 to 40. Whole car shakes.
- My back lights and console lights went out My fuses are good what should I do
- Why does Engine will shut off if let iddle long
- electrical problem
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
The clutch slave cylinder may develop a hydraulic leak resulting in no clutch pedal pressure and the inability to shift gears.
The flywheel can warp causing a shudder when the vehicle is in reverse.
2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
I have had brakes and calipers put on it all the way around. I've put new tires on it and yesterday I had the transmission flushed. The car has 88,000 miles on it. The vibration is every time that I accelerate to 30 or 40.
The car has automatic transmission with 88,000 miles. When the car accelerates to 30 to 40 miles and hour the car starts shuddering or vibrating. If I let off the gas it stops. I thought I had bad tires so I changed them. I had the transmission flushed yesterday but still doing it. When I bo...
Riding down the road the engine will shut off. When stoping at light engine will shut down. The engine will start back up with no problems. What would cause this?
2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Recalls
The heat generated by a fog light bulb can cause the socket holder to be pushed rearward in the light casing. This, in combination with the normal vibration during vehicle operation, can cause the bulb holder to separate from the light casing. Should this occur, the bulb socket and harness can drop inside the bumper and possibly result in the bumper being burned by the hot bulb. Dealers will install a spring to prevent the socket holder from separating from the lamp case. The Mazda recall number is 1103F.
2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews
this is another great miata, my second since its debut . i drove my '90 for 13 years, 318k miles. my '02 has 150k on it, no problems. we're going for another 300k. i am doing brakes alot (maybe i'm hard on brakes)