2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
The clutch slave cylinder may develop a hydraulic leak resulting in no clutch pedal pressure and the inability to shift gears.
The flywheel can warp causing a shudder when the vehicle is in reverse.
2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
Riding down the road the engine will shut off. When stoping at light engine will shut down. The engine will start back up with no problems. What would cause this?
We replaced thealternater today and the car still wont start. There seems to be not electrcity going anywhere.
i was driving about 50MPH and my car started stalling every time i would hit the gas. pulled over and the car just shut off. now my car wont start and when i turn the key i cannot hear the fuel pump turn on.
2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 Recalls
The heat generated by a fog light bulb can cause the socket holder to be pushed rearward in the light casing. This, in combination with the normal vibration during vehicle operation, can cause the bulb holder to separate from the light casing. Should this occur, the bulb socket and harness can drop inside the bumper and possibly result in the bumper being burned by the hot bulb. Dealers will install a spring to prevent the socket holder from separating from the lamp case. The Mazda recall number is 1103F.