1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
I have changed the slave cylinder 4 months ago. Recently it has started to leak, but not all the time. It can go for a week or two with no problem then one day it will just start. Any help and advise would be great.
Please respond to email@example.com.
Thank you so much!
I pass everything else except the computer test. I have driven it 250 miles hoping that that will reset it but no luck....I need to pass in order to get my license tag....What to do?
1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews
Bought my '97 M Edition this summer. My Mom had the original year for 11 years and I had the chance to drive it often and I fell in love. I became hooked on convertibles when I was 8 years old. No I wasn't driving (haha). My Dad's best friend used to take me for rides in the hills of San Francisco and Napa in a '67 MG. Talk about Heaven. My Limited Edition had 164k miles when I got it but had b...
Bought it with only 9800 on it in NH 11 years ago and drove in NY and now AL. Fantastic car. Have 75000 mostly city miles and do expected maintenance and always change oil every 5000. Did timing belt and water pump as a precaution due to age at 60000. (once you do belt may as well pull water pump). Other than that only brake slave cylinder has failed and exhaust due to salt in NY. No other...