1996 Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
1996 Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
water temperature gauge mostly does not work. However, when I hit a bump in the road, it occasionally comes back to life to provide a good reading. As the bumps in the road continue, it starts to twitch and then go back to zero. I've tried replacing the gauge, the full instrument cluster, ...
want to replace the u-joint in 1996 mazda miata any info regarding what company may handle the replacement part. i don't want to replace drive shaft at a cost of about 271.00 it's an automatic
what are the steps to heli coil a stripped spark plug or how do you perform the task
1996 Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews
I have owned British sports cars off and on for the last 45 years. My last being a 1980 MGB that I re-did. When I retired I wanted to road cruze but was a little hesitant to travel far in the MG. I ran across a 1996 MX5 in great shape and fell in love. I sold the MG and settled in driving the Miata. It's a great little car that handles very well, corners nicely and has just enough power. At 650...
I'm the original owner of my '96 miata, and I love it. Originally it was just a summer car in Vermont, but now out here in Oregon it's my everyday car. 170K miles, and have only had one set of brake pads and the clutch replaced(clutch #2 is coming soon unfortunately), no other maintenance except for oil changes. It's losing oil somewhere and the interior could use a major refresh, but no big de...
still running strong at 269K+ miles. love this car to death ... dealing with a lot of rust issues though