1993 Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mazda Miata MX-5
- how to instal license plate lights
- miata is very hard to start 93 mazda 1.6 ltr it seems it does it when its cold
- randomly won't start/acts completely dead/no noise/no lights on dash nothing
- chatter when taking off and seams worse in reverse
- The car stalls and turns off when I'm driving after I shift to neutral
1993 Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
The clutch slave cylinder may develop a hydraulic leak resulting in no clutch pedal pressure and the inability to shift gears.
1993 Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
well i had this car for 2 years had diffrent mechanics look at it and no heip i ve been changing parts with no resalts. new cam.angle sencer ,air intake box used ,temp sencer,valve job ,throtle plate intakebox ,its geting fuel, spark ok installed new timing belt had it checked 4 times its good , ...
I can drive it then jump back in and it will do nothing. let it sit and it fires right back up like nothing is wrong at all
5 speed manuel